Friday, March 27, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things


My husband, climbing, and our dog! These photos were taken outside our village down a rad bike trail, al monte, toward the Maya Mountain karsts. Along the trail, a blue morpho, the vibrantly colored butterfly of Belize, fluttered beside my head. Scott found a treasure of a boulder and a wall, and we biked out to check them out together for the first time a couple of weeks ago. He also found the ideal swimming hole for us and bathing spot for Holly the dog. She is growing fast and able to keep up her pace on a fairly long bike ride, but alas, running the entire distance to the climbing wall is not within her limits of endurance yet. I brought her home in my backpack on her first attempt this week. She is such a sweet and patient companion that it is difficult to remember why I liked cats so much!

No comments: