Thursday, March 6, 2008

Typical

I've lost all motivation. Last night I went to the gym and was shut down. I guess I peaked last week, I sent several 12's (in the gym) in the last month, but now even the 11's I have dialed are killing me. School is really bad, I just can't get myself to care about traffic engineering, after working for UDOT I have realized you don't need to have any engineering skills to be a traffic engineer, so why does this class propose that designing highways is supposed to be such a pain? I wish I could kick the person who decided everyone needs to know how to design concrete beams, I guess I'll be very well rounded since I'll have about 5 structural classes and only one drinking water class.

I was planning to go to Lander Wyoming tomorrow for a short climbing trip with several friends, but the weather isn't gonna play along, so I'll be sittting around. I might go to Moab with my friend Brad on monday, but 0nly if the weather changes, and he can't find someone that wants to stay all week. It should be an exciting spring break! I should be getting several DVD's from netflix, one is 'Sex and the Fury' a story about the Sex Pistols, that should cheer me up.

4 comments:

Leanna said...

Come to Wichita! That'll do you. (Todd said you only got your 12's through luck anyway, so quit being a crybaby).
Miss you guy's,
Leanna.

Jesse E. Hunter said...

We're going to have to meet up, if we are both in fact headed to Jamaica (or sent anywhere close to each other). We don't climb, but we're big into good movies/documentaries/indie and "good" music.

Sorry about the run of bad weather and luck. Things will turn around.

Tally ho!

Scott said...

I wouldn't really call it bad luck, but because I'm a whiny baby.

Patrick said...

Being back stateside is a welcome respite from the rigors of being a PCV in Jamaica. I didn't realize you had a blog, but my mother did a good job stalking those who comment on ours and found it for me. Rest easy as climbing in Jamaica is possible and I would be super-tastically-gung-ho to join in with someone more determined than I. I found the box in my mother's basement with the pitiful remains of my climbing gear and got pretty excited about the possibility of another extracurricular activity. Sorry about not posting our packing ideas as of yet... we had a super shitty week prior to our much anticipated vacay. The packing list will 'soon come!' Peace out! Patrick