Sunday, February 10, 2008

First Blog

I should be doing some homework for my drinking water class, but instead I have been reading peace corp's volunteers blogs in Jamaica. I'm not 100% sure that we'll be going to Jamaica, but I think it is more likely than other caribbean islands because they emphasize the need for water/sanitation engineers on the Peace Corps website. I'm really stoked to find out that there is a lot of limestone in Jamaica, but I also found out that there are also a lot of ticks there, hopefully there are not any deer in Jamaica (lyme disease is carried by deer ticks). Jamaica has a lot to offer folks like April and I when it comes to outdoor activities, there is hiking, biking, swimming, cliff jumping/climbing and NO SNOW!!!

April is not interested in looking at Jamaica because she doesn't want to psyche her self up just to be let down later, but I don't really care where we go, I just want to make sure I have all the stuff I'll need once I get there. For example I bought a new pair of swimming trunks last week, mostly because the ones I have now are kinda tight and I'm scared the velcro front is gonna pop open and every one will have to see my weiner.

1 comment:

Jesse E. Hunter said...

Oh my gosh. So, my husband and I are nominated for PC assignments in the Caribbean and leaving in the summer (originally, we were told July 20th). His assignment is Water/Sanitation Engineering and mine is Health Extension. He has a C/E degree and mine is in Anthropology. Perhaps we'll see each other soon?

You guys seem great-How neat to be able to share in this process with other folks.

Our future PC blog is at www.joshnjesse.wordpress.com and I'm not sure how often we'll post on it before the actual departure. However, I have links to a few current PCVs and our individual blogs too (if you're bored). :)

Take care~ jesse