Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Lowered Expectations

I've contacted a couple of people down in Jamaica, they are super friendly but I think they are laughing at me because I just don't understand what it is like down there. I was looking into establishing some climbing routes and I've been told that it's not impossible, but will be a challenge others have decided to drop. If I'm near rock I'll definately do it, but it takes about 4 hours to get from Kingston to Montego Bay, about 120 miles. I doubt I'm gonna get april psyched on taking a whole day of travel to establish one route.

Today I found some info on surfing there:
http://www.wannasurf.com/spot/Central_America/Jamaica/index.html
Looks good, and tame. When I lived in hawaii I got my butt kicked by the surf, but I was too young to figure out what was going on. Hopefully I can try it out for cheap a few times. It all depends on what side of the island we are placed.

2 comments:

langenheim said...

you hippies

Scott said...
This comment has been removed by the author.