Thursday, May 22, 2008

Not Jamaica

Well we have finally heard from Peace Corps' placement office, and it looks like all of the Caribbean placements are filled, so they are looking at a place in central South America for us. I am stoked because this will be an opportunity for me to learn another language, but I was really looking forward to meeting some of the PC Jamaica folks like Jesse & Josh, and Patrick.

The program they are looking at for us will be super remote, probably in the mountains, good thing we already have so much cold weather gear, and dealing with very basic levels of education and sanitation. I am excited because these are the most crucial issues for all people. I have friends that have been to Bolivia for climbing and loved it, I just hope April can stay warm enough.

3 comments:

Hoffmanns said...

Hey dudes, congrats on your placement. I think you'll appreciate the remoteness it sounds like you're going to get! Looking forward to more info.
S&J

Sandy Cove said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandy Cove said...

SOUTH AMERICA!!! That is so cool. I am going to tell Pete that we need to start planning a trip out to visit you guys immediately. Happy Anniversary! Are you doing anything exciting tonight? What ever you do hope you have fun! So when exactly are you 2 coming out to Oregon? Pete said that we will probably visit you in Tillamook. I want to take a tour of the cheese factory :) Can't wait to see you guys!