Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Our Assignment

There was a small misunderstanding, not central South America, but Central or South America. So we have our assignment to Belize, the Toledo District. While searching for Peace Corps Volunteer blogs in Belize I found good friends of mine that I haven't talked to since they graduated from USU named Todd and Ashley, they just returned from Belize hopefully I can find out some cool stuff about their experience. I can't find any info about climbing down there, but there are Mayan ruins everywhere in the southern area, I am very interested in Mayan culture, there are still large parts of the population that speak Mayan. The official language is English, but most speak a form of Creole, Spanish or Mayan.

3 comments:

Jesse E. Hunter said...

This is awesome news. Guys, you are going to have the best time!

Keep writing when you can, okay?

Unknown said...

hey that is so awesome! we have a speculation of where you guys will be ... you will love it! if you want some blogs of belize let me know.. how are you anyway?
ashli

Patrick said...

Congrats on getting your assignment. I hope that your post is a good one and that you both have an amazing adventure. I'll try to keep in touch via blogs or email. Take care, good luck!